Reports of Kids Jumping into Traffic
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Friday, April 27:
- At 10:23 a.m., a Preston Beach Road resident called police to report "a lot of suspicious activity in the area." The woman said she recently witnessed what looked like drug activity nearby.
- At 12:49 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 12:57 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Aldrich Terrace.
- At 1:22 p.m., a Lincoln Avenue woman called police to report that she received a check for $1,200 from a fraudulent company.
- At 1:55 pm., and Elm Street resident called police to report that there were construction vehicles up on the sidewalk and school was getting out.
- At 3:47 p.m., police received a complaint regarding a black Acura that was "tailgating and beeping its horn because a motorist went around him while he sat in his car writing something."
- At 3:51 p.m., police received a complaint regarding a group of kids at the intersection of School and Washington streets that were "throwing things at cars and jumping in traffic."
- At 4:20 p.m., a Lafayette woman called police to report that "some workmen may have taken money from her." The woman told police the men were in a white Element or Cube and took $1,100 cash using a Water Department scam.
- At 5:16 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pleasant Street.
- At 6:37 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 7:42 p.m., police responded to a report of "two males acting strangely in the laundry room."
- At 8:29 p.m., a motorist reported a disabled vehicle on Fader Place.
Saturday, April 28:
- At 8:35 a.m., the Electric Light Department notified police that they would have a representative in the Clifton area installing meters.
- At 9:53 a.m., a local man called police to complain about two girls at a yard sale on Tedesco Street that were "jumping into traffic trying to get people to come to their yard sale." An officer spoke with girls about remaining on the sidewalk.
- At 10:28 a.m., a Nanepeshemet Street resident called police to report losing a white leather wallet.
- At 12:58 p.m., police responded to a report of "two yellow slow down guys" and a "go slow sandwich board" in the middle of Wyman Road. The woman who put the men in the road reportedly told police "she has a neighbor that is blind and a neighbor who drives drunk."
- At 1:38 p.m., police responded to a report of a hit and run accident at the intersection of Pleasant and Village streets.
- At 2:50 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Farrell Court.
- At 6:42 p.m., police closed the door of a home on Front Street that a neighbor said had been open since "about 3 p.m."
- At 9:30 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Pleasant Street.
- At 9:32 p.m., police responded to a report of skateboarders in a parking lot on Washington Street.
- At 9:39 p.m., an Arnold Terrace resident called police to report "heavy duty fireworks in the area."
- At 10:38 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Village Street.
Sunday, April 29:
- At 12:44 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Clipper Way.
- At 1:56 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Clifton Avenue.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.