Hit and Runs and One Arrest
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Friday, Jan. 25:
- At 8:11 a.m., police received a call saying an MBTA bus driver was racing the bus motor on Franklin Street and leaving oil on the road.
- At 10:03 a.m., police responded to a parked car running and the driver slumped over the wheel at Beacon Street and Schooner Ridge. The driver was homeless and sleeping in the car trying to keep warm. Her license was suspended out of New Hampshire. The man who was going to move the vehicle for her had an outstanding warrant out of Salem Distrct Court. He was arrested — Tom Tamba, 35, 363 Essex St., Lynn, was transported to Salem District Court.
- At 10:11 a.m., a hit and run was reported on Humphrey Street. A car pulled out of a garage and hit a work truck causing considerable damage, the report states.
- At 3:29 p.m., a caller said a man cut him off in traffic and then almost hit a child in the crosswalk on Lincoln Avenue at Green Street.
- At 4:45 p.m., a hit and run was reported on Atlantic Avenue. A parked car was hit. Police found a note on the vehicle.
- At 11:09 p.m., police received a report from a resident who said that a very drunk man was in a Smith Street convenience store threatening people and saying he has drugs in his pocket. Police responded to the scene. The man was not drunk and there was no issue. The store worker said the person who reported the incident has a habit of stirring up problems each time he comes in Fast Break.
Saturday, Jan. 26
- At 7:16 a.m., police and fire units responded to a strong smell of gas at Wallingford Road and Harbor Avenue. National Grid was notified of the problem. If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.