Helicopters, Fireworks and Fighters In Sky This Weekend
Your picks for things to do this weekend.
There will be a lot of hustle and bustle around town this weekend as the Marine Aviation portion of the Maritime Festival kicks off.
Here are our picks for things to do this weekend:
1. Centennial Parade - 10:30 a.m., the parade will step off from Old Town Hall up Pleasant Street turning on Village and proceeding to the Village Street School. The parade will be lead by a Marine Corps color guard. Bands include one with bagpipes. Marchers will come from Jr. Marine ROTC units to vets from the old Corps. Fighting Humvees will roll along as well.
2. A Fly-by - at 12:15 p.m. overhead: a Corsair, a Marine fighter of World War II followed by four T-28’s (with roaring 2000 horse power engines), planes that trained thousands of Marine pilots.
3. Helicopters - on display at the Village Street School from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pilots will be standing by to answer your many questions. The Marine Aviation art panorama will still be on display.
4. Look for Fireworks -Beverly Homecoming will end on Sunday at dusk with a fireworks display from Lynch Park. What does that mean? Marbleheaders will catch a glimpse.
5. Salem Heritage Days - A long schedule of events is going on in Salem this weekend. It is Clown Day at the Salem Willows from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A fireman's muster starts at 12:30 p.m. at the Willows.