Golden Cod Stolen on Calthrope Road
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Sunday, May 13:
- At 9:25 a.m., a 1993 Toyota Camry was towed on Washington Street.
- At 10:48 a.m., a resident called police to report a "well-dressed" man was soliciting religious retreats near the intersection of Buchanan and McKinley roads.
- At 12:16 p.m., a Calthrope Road man called police to report that the golden cod on his house was stolen.
- At 1:20 p.m., a Pond Street resident called police to report that two dog walkers refused to clean up after their dogs.
- At 1:52 p.m., a Washington Street business owner called police to report that vehicles parked outside of her store were preventing access to her clients. A responding officer reportedly determined that the vehicles were legally parked.
- At 2:55 p.m., a resident entered the police station to complain about a "party outside of CVS screaming at people as they walk in and out."
- At 4:26 p.m., a woman on Evans Road called police regarding "possible harassment."
- At 4:50 p.m., an officer noticed a possible underage person that just left Village Liquors and was heading for the railroad path. Sean R. Fenton, 28, of 99 Chatham St., Lynn, was arrested for violating the town's intoxicating beverage bylaw.
- At 5:23 p.m., a woman called police to report that she may have lost a black wallet containing approximately $1,100 at Shubie's Marketplace. The woman later located the wallet.
- At 5:32 p.m., a local resident called police to report a "male subject that seemed to be quite wobbly" get into a large white truck with orange lights near the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Washington Street.
- At 9:04 p.m., a local resident called police to report an argument near the intersection of Green Street and Waterside Road.
Monday, May 14:
- At 6:25 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Commercial Street.
- At 7:46 a.m., police responded to a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Broughton Road and Humphrey Street involving a 2009 Nissan Altima and a 2006 Toyota Camry.
- At 7:48 a.m., a local resident reportedly found a flip-phone on the beach. The phone was later returned to its owner.
- At 8:01 a.m., police received word of a minor motor vehicle accident on Turner Road.
- At 8:11 a.m., a May Street woman called police to report that her car had been broken into overnight and about $1.75 in quarters had been stolen.
- At 8:30 a.m., a Gerald Road resident called police to report finding a black bike with a blue seat.
- At 9:56 a.m., an Arnold Terrace woman called police to report that the window to her 2011 Honda CRV had been smashed.
- At 10:00 a.m., an Orchard Street woman called police to report that her wallet was missing and she believed it was stolen from her car. The woman later called back when she found her wallet.
- At 12:54 p.m., a Mohawk Road resident called police to report that $1,000 had been stolen and the woman who took the money was at the Atlantic Veterinary Hospital. Kristin Carol Andersen, 35, of 400 Jefferson St., Salem, was arrested on a charge of larceny over $250.
- At 2:51 p.m., an Evans Road woman called police to report that someone was trying to open credit cards in her husband's name.
- At 2:57 p.m., a Grant Road man called police to report that his car was broken into overnight.
- At 10:56 p.m., a Cloutmans Lane resident called police to report that a young man had "walked up to (their) vehicle and was looking around it." The caller told police the man fled the area when he was approached.
If you have questions about these police log entries, please send them to Marblehead Patch.