Found Marijuana and a 'Big Scene' at CVS
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Friday, Feb. 8
- At 8:31 a.m., police received a report that a Green Street man was having difficulty breathing. He reportedly suffered congestive heart problems and was transported to the hospital.
- At 10:43 a.m., a woman reported that her child was almost struck by an SUV while they were crossing Atlantic Avenue. The caller said she tapped the car with her hand as it passed because the driver was on a cell phone and distracted. The caller said the driver gave her the finger and followed her to the CVS and created a big scene.
- At 11:04 a.m., police received a report that a Winthrop Avenue resident found a bag of marijuana in his shared driveway. The caller said he picked up the bag because there were children playing in the area.
- At 12:19 p.m., a caller reported losing a big wallet with a clasp and leopard print near the Post Office, on Smith Street.
- At 4:46 p.m., police received a report of a motor vehicle crash at Harbor Avenue and Sean's Way.
- At 9:13 p.m., a caller reported that his truck was struck by a highway department truck on Pleasant Street.
- At 10:30 p.m., police received a report of water coming over the seawall at Ferry Lane.
- At 10:37 p.m., police received a report that water was flooding Atlantic Avenue and Seaview Avenue.
Saturday, Feb. 9
- At 7:52 a.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported on Curtis Street involving a town vehicle and another vehicle.
- At 8:51 a.m. the causeway was closed due to flooding.
- At 10:51 a.m., police checked on the welfare of three lobster boats in the cove at the Neck end of the causeway. The boats were weathering the storm.
- At 11:14 a.m., a Wallace Road resident complained about the plowing, saying it made her driveway 100 feet longer.
- At 11:43 a.m., two sliding glass doors were reportedly blown out in the storm on Bass Rock Lane.
- At 1:33 p.m., a Clifton Avenue caller said a fence post and part of a fence were knocked down and she suspects it was done by DPW.
- At 6:39 p.m., a Humphrey Street caller said she was being harassed over a parking issue.