Five Things to Know: Winter Film Festival is Tonight; Stars Local Families
Essential daily information at a glance, including the lineup for tonight's Winter Film Festival in Marblehead.
1. Weather Watch: A slight chance of snow showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Sunrise: 6:32 a.m.
- High tide: 6:53 a.m.
- Low tide: 1:14 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:22 p.m.
2. Marblehead Festival of Arts Winter Film Festival: The Oscars are Sunday. But movie lovers have an early treat today as the Festival of Arts' Winter Film Festival comes to the Marblehead Little Theatre. You'll see 13 short films. Doors open at 7 p.m. Wednesday, with films beginning at 7:30 p.m. Free.
3. Marblehead Families on Screen: The film festival lineup this winter includes Henry Loomis is Going to Die Tonight, which was shot in Marblehead and Swampscott. The 8 minute, 55 second film features local families.
4. Magicians in Action: The varsity boys and girls hoops squads continue in the Brad Sheridan Tournament today at Marblehead High School. The girls tip-off at 4 p.m. against Martha's Vineyard and the boys take the court at 6 p.m. versus Concord-Carlisle.
5. March With Syrian Family: The Khatib family of Swampscott invites friends, neighbors and other residents to join them Saturday, March 16 for the Boston March for Syria to commemorate the second anniversary of the Syrian revolution. The rally and march is from 1 to 3 p.m. starting with the rally at Copley Square followed by a march to Faneuil Hall.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: