Five Things to Know: Snow, Wind and Possible Flooding for Marblehead
Essential daily information at a glance, including the latest on today's extreme weather.
1. Weather, Part I — Snow: Snow. High near 34. Windy, with a north wind 29 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunrise: 6:08 a.m.
- High tide: 6:47 a.m.
- Low tide: 1:11 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:40 p.m.
2. Weather, Part II — Wind: It's going to be a very windy all day. The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory because gusts of up to 50 mph will be combining with heavy, wet snow.
3. Weather, Part III — Flooding: The storm may also cause flooding along the coast, the Weather Service warns. This morning's high tide — running from 6:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. — is of special concern, as is high tide Friday morning.
4. Angie Miller Watch: Tonight the North Shore's own Angie Miller finds out if American Idol voters will put the Beverly High grad through to the next round. The "results show" starts at 8 p.m. on Fox. It's scheduled to end at 9:30 p.m., and results are usually announced toward the end, leaving enough time for folks who are kicked off to sing a goodbye tune.
5. Turf Meeting: I wanted to emphasize that yesterday we initially posted the wrong meeting date for new School Committee discussions about artificial turf. The meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Thursday (tonight) at the high school library.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: