Five Things to Know: Princeton A Cappella Group Performs at High School Tonight
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Dec. 19, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Finally, a good chance of relief from all the rain. The National Weather Service calls for a slight chance of showers before 3 p.m. It should be partly sunny, with a high near 43. (sunrise, 7:09 a.m.; low tide, 9:35 a.m.; high tide, 3:53 p.m.; sunset, 4:12 p.m.)
2. The TV show Glee just finished its season. Take in some real-life show choirs tonight at the high school with a visit from the Princeton Nassoons, that university's oldest a cappella group. 7 p.m. at the high school, 2 Humphrey St. $5 suggested donation. Proceeds go to the high school's music honor society.
3. Speaking of the high school, student writer Pierce Law has a note of calm about Friday's impending apocalypse.
4. The Board of Selectmen meets this morning. On the agenda: Votes on the "Trouble the Dog" program (it's about a dog named Trouble, not annoying dogs!) and the contract for the Abbot Hall tower. Scheduled for 11:40 a.m. at Abbot Hall, 188 Washington St.
5. Today in History: Charles Dickens published "A Christmas Carol" on this day in 1843.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.