Five Things to Know: Plan for the Polar Bear Plunge
Essential daily information at a glance, including a reminder about the Polar Bear Plunge taking place in neighboring Swampscott on New Year's Day.
Today is Monday, Dec. 31, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Plan for the Polar Bear Plunge: The 7th annual Swampscott Yacht Club Polar Bear Plunge is Tuesday at Fisherman's Beach in Swampscott. Sign in begins at 10:15 a.m. with the icy dip at 11 a.m. Proceeds benefit the family of Dave Whelan. Forecast for the Plunge calls for sunny and highs of 36. Balmy!
2. Newsbit of the Day: Did you miss our Kitty of the Year that we posted on our sister site in Swampscott this weekend? Then you missed out on our video (and a catchy original tune). If you watch only one video about a sweetheart cat with neurological problems, this is the one. And good news: The Marblehead Animal Shelter found a forever home for the video's star, Henry Blanc.
3. Tips for New Year's Resolutions: If you make them, here are some tips on keeping them.
4. Weather Watch: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
5. New Year's for the Younger Set: New Year's Eve is great for adults. But what about your kids? This morning at 10 there's an activity for them as Wit & Whimsy Children's Bookstore hosts a craft session for children. They'll make a party hat and noisemaker.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.