Five Things to Know: More Snow, This Time With Sleet, Is On The Way
Essential daily information at a glance, including (oh no!) a forecast for more snow.
1. Weather Watch: Increasing clouds, with a high near 35. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunrise: 6:49 a.m.
- Low tide: 10:42 a.m.
- High tide: 5 p.m.
- Sunset: 6:53 p.m.
2. Storm on the Way Tonight: I don't want to believe this, but the National Weather Service says a storm is coming our way early Tuesday morning, bringing with it a mix of snow, sleet and rain. The total precipitation will depend on when the switchover from snow to mixed precipitation begins, but the most recent forecast shows 3-6 inches for Marblehead. Here is the winter storm warning with all the gory details.
3. Community Golf Day: The Tedesco Country Club will hold a "Marblehead Day" on May 13. Non-profit organizations interested in participating are asked to send letters of interest to the Board of Selectmen by March 25.
4. Expired License? Now The RMV Won't Even Email You: The Mass RMV is no longer providing the email notification reminder system for expiring licenses, Danvers Police report. They say even if you signed up for it in the past, the system has been suspended. As you may be aware, the RMV discontinued mailing paper reminders a few years ago. They suggest you check your license expiration date today, and set a reminder in your phone or calendar.
5. New Stores Coming to Northshore Mall: Of course there's always turnover at any big retail complex. The latest additions to the Northshore Mall in Peabody include Crumbs Bake Shop, The Art of Shaving and Zumiez (a skate and board shop), according to North Shore Magazine.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: