Five Things to Know: Marblehead Schools Are Closed
Essential daily information at a glance, including news that Marblehead Schools are closed today because of the weather.
1. Weather Watch: The National Weather Service expects rain and snow, becoming all rain after 3 p.m. High near 39. Breezy, with a east wind 20 to 25 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. For more on the storm, please see below.
- Sunrise: 6:48 a.m.
- Low tide: 11:35 a.m.
- High tide: 5:55 p.m.
- Sunset: 6:54 p.m.
2. School is Closed: The School Department didn't delay their decision with this storm, as they did to some residents' consternation last time. Schools are closed in Marblehead.
3. More on the Storm: The storm arrives on the day before spring. While the the conservative National Weather Service estimates are for 1 to 3 inches in Marblehead, Patch news partners 7News put Marblehead in a band where 4 to 8 inches are expected. The storm will bring with it not just snow, but also ice and sleet in the mid-morning.
4. Tide Dangers Not High: One bit of good news — the storm's arrival is out of sync with high tide for once this winter. By the time you're reading this, the morning's high tide will be over. By the evening high tide, the storm should be mostly over or have become rain.
5. Big Break in Historic Art Theft: In case you haven't already heard, the FBI announced it knows who pulled off the world's biggest unsolved art heist — the 1990 robbery of the Gardner Museum in Boston.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: