Five Things to Know: Front Street Boat Yard Changes Mulled
Essential daily information at a glance, including word of several public meetings — and a spotlight for an author with Marblehead roots.
1. Weather Watch: A slight chance of snow after 2 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
sunrise, 6:52 a.m.
low tide, 12:22 p.m.
sunset, 5:02 p.m.
high tide, 6:37 p.m.
2. Author With Marblehead Roots Featured on WBUR: Ann Leary, who lived here from 8th grade to college, spoke with WBUR's Radio Boston yesterday about her novel "The Good House." It's set in a North Shore town and features a real estate broker who can tell more about a person by walking through their house than a psychiatrist can after a year of sessions. If you missed the live show, you can hear it at this link. And yeah, she's Denis Leary's wife.
3. Magicians in Action: Catch the Marblehead High School girls varsity basketball squad as they host Saugus tonight at 7 p.m.
4. Old and Historic Districts Commission to Discuss Boat Yard: Items on the agenda for the board's Tuesday meeting include proposed repairs and changes to the boat yard at 89 Front St. Meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Selectman's Room at Abbot Hall.
5. Stop Sign, Crosswalk Considered: If you live near or frequent Cherry and Cedar or Tower Way and Village Street, those intersections are up for discussion at Tuesday's meeting of the Traffic and Safety Advisory Committee. 7:30 p.m. at the community center.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: