Five Things to Know: Magicians and Big Blue to Clash in Playoffs
Essential daily information at a glance, including news that for the third time this season, Marblehead and Swampscott boys' hockey will meet. This time it's in the playoffs.
1. Weather Watch: A chance of snow showers before 2 p.m, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Little or no snow accumulation expected, according to the National Weather Service.
- Sunrise: 6:13 a.m.
- Low tide: 10 a.m.
- High tide: 4:15 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:37 p.m.
2. Rivals Meet on Tournament Ice: Well, well. The Marblehead High School boys ice hockey team will face rivals/neighbors Swampscott on Wednesday at 5:10 p.m. at the Chelmsford Forum in the semifinals of the North Division 3 tournament.
3. More About Header Hockey: The Magicians' advanced to face Big Blue for the third time this season by beating Rockport 4-2 on Saturday night.
4. Library Board Meets: Among this week's municipal meetings is the board for the Abbot Library, which convenes Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the library.
5. Was That a Coywolf?: Wild animals are no respecters of municipal boundaries. Here's a story from neighboring Swampscott Patch about the possible sighting of a "coywolf" — a hybrid coyote-wolf — this past summer. In Marblehead, we've also had a potential coywolf sighting, as seen in this resident video.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: