Five Things to Know: Civil War Exhibit Opens at the Marblehead Musuem
Essential daily information at a glance, including the debut of the Marblehead Museum's new Civil War exhibit.
1. Weather Watch: A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Patchy fog after 8 a.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 53. That's right. 53.
- Sunrise: 7:00 a.m.
- High tide: 12:26 p.m.
- Low tide: 6:31 p.m.
- Sunset: 6:46 p.m.
2. Chime in on Winter Hazard Warnings: If you're a veteran weather watcher, you might be interested in to know that the National Weather Service is trying out new warning text, possibly moving away from terms like "watch" and "warning" and "advisory" to more direct language. The government is taking comments on the proposal through March 31.
3. Civil War Exhibit Opens: Marblehead and the Civil War opens Thursday with a lecture by Don Doliber, "First in '61 — The Rest of the Story." Lecture starts at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Marblehead Museum. $10 for members, $15 for nonmembers Reservations suggested. Call 781-631-1768. There will be a reception after the lecture. Here's a preview story we recently did on the exhibit.
4. Planning Board Has Full Agenda: The Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight. They've got a packed agenda, which you can view here. Items include information from the architect of the new Warwick sign package. Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Abbot Hall in the Selectmen's Room.
5. Zoning Board Has Lots of Decisions to Make: In a similar vein, the Zoning Board has a lot on its plate tonight. Here's the full list. Also at Abbot Hall at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, but in the auditorium.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: