Five Things to Know: Black Ice Warning Before 9 A.M.
Essential daily information at a glance, including a warning from the National Weather Service that snow melt is expected to refreeze on our roads, making them potentially treacherous before 9 a.m.
1. Weather Watch: Nice and simple forecast today: Partly sunny, with a high near 49. South wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunrise: 7:01 a.m. (Daylight Saving Time!)
- High tide: 11:39 a.m.
- Low tide: 5:47 p.m.
- Sunset: 6:45 p.m.
2. Black Ice Warning: Refrozen snow melt could make roads treacherous this morning. The National Weather Service says to watch out for black ice this morning before 9 a.m.
3. Eat Well, Do Good: The Landing is hosting another of its Tuesday Charity Nights tomorrow. A fifth of the proceeds from dining room sales on Tuesday will go to Hospice of the North Shore and Greater Boston.
4. Italian Newspaper Calls Cardinal O'Malley Top Contender for Papacy: Corriere della Sera says Boston's cardinal is emerging as a real contender. Here's a report in English from Patch news partners 7News. And here's a link to the Italian paper's online poll, where O'Malley outperforms other choices by a 2:1 margin.
5. Selectmen Meet on Budget: Speaking of conclaves, town discussions of the Fiscal 2014 budget continue Monday night at 7 p.m. as the Selectmen and Finance Committee confer at the Mary Alley Building.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: