Five Things to Know: Artificial Turf Issue Resumes
Essential daily information at a glance, including word that the School Committee will take up the controversial artificial turf debate.
1. Weather Watch: Scattered showers, mainly before 9 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a northeast wind 16 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Sunrise: 6:10 a.m.
- Low tide: 12:06 p.m.
- Sunset: 5:39 p.m.
- High tide: 6:26 p.m.
2. IMPORTANT UPDATE — Artificial Turf: The School Committee takes up this sometimes-contentious issue again at their 7:30 p.m. Thursday meeting, not their Wednesday meeting as originally indicated here this morning. The Thursday meeting is at the library at the high school.
3. Lobsters: The Boston Lobsters – the North Shore-based professional tennis team - will be moving its home court from the Ferncroft Country Club up to Manchester Athletic Club on Cape Ann this summer, but they will not be that far away – just a few exits up Route 128. Keep your eyes open this week, the Lobsters plan to announce this summer’s schedule.
4. Coastal Flood Warning: Yes, forecasters say we're due for yet another winter storm on Thursday and Friday. The National Weather Service has issued a coastal flood warning for Marblehead.
5. More Snow?: That same weather system could bring us snow as well. The exact amounts are in flux, but it's supposed to be heavy and wet.
Engage with your neighbors on Marblehead Patch: