Five Things to Know: Today is the Solstice
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Dec. 21, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Big weather on tap today. High near 50. Windy, with a southeast wind 26 to 36 mph becoming south 15 to 25 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100 percent. (sunrise, 7:10 a.m.; low tide, 11:37 a.m.; sunset, 4:13 p.m.; high tide, 5:55 p.m.)
2. Girl Scout cookie sales have started. There'll be on sale on Sunday, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Brother's Deli at 41 Market St. in Lynn.
3. Marblehead High School's girls basketball varsity takes on Winthrop at home at 7 p.m. tonight.
4. Today is the solstice. That means after 6:12 a.m. our days will start getting longer (unless the world ends, of course.)
5. This Day in History: The Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock on this day in 1620.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.