Five Stories That Made Waves This Week
A review of the top stories in Marblehead this week.
Here's a look at the top five stories on Marblehead Patch this week:
- A shocking incident from this summer was back in the news this week as a Lynn man accused of entering a woman's home, stealing a few things and menacing her. According to court documents, he did it because he was drunk and looking for thrills.
- Real estate news is often popular on Marblehead Patch. This week one of our most-read items concerned five homes that recently sold.
- Speaking of real estate, a story about the terrible destruction wrought by the sea on Plum Island was also among our most-read pieces.
- At least three times a week we publish logs of recenty police activity. One of the week's most-read items was a blotter that included incidents like a police car being involved in a crash and a "bale of pot" that washed ashore — and turned out to be a foam marine float.
- Residents enjoyed getting an exclusive Marblehead Patch look at the town's new fire truck. The $1.2 million vehicle has been built and is expected to be driven here from Appleton, Wisc. by the end of the month.