Five Stories That Made Waves This Week
A review of the top stories in Marblehead this week.
Here's a look at the top five stories on Marblehead Patch this week:
- It looks like a lot of you waited until the last minute to get Valentine's gifts for your significant other. Our top story, in terms of traffic, was a review of romantic gifts available at Marblehead shops.
- Second in terms of traffic (and first in terms of conversation!) was a thread where we asked residents to rate how the town did plowing the streets after the Blizzard of 2013.
- On a similar theme, another top story this week was the unshoveled sidewalks that forced students into the street to get to school. We asked residents to pinpoint the trouble spots. And you did!
- The future of the liquor license of the now-shuttered Sweeney's Retreat attracted a lot of interest. From speculation about what would happen before the selectmen weighed in to news of their decision, it was the talk of the town.
- Another item that's the talk of the town is the news this week confirming that the expected cost of repairing the Abbot Hall clock tower is a whopping $2.1 million.