Fire Scare on Washington Street
Local firefighters inspected a building on Washington Street early Thursday morning after a system malfunction triggered the fire alarm.
Shortly before 1 a.m. Thursday, local firefighters responded to a report of an alarm sounding in a three-story building on Washington Street.
The alarm drew three fire engines and a handful of local firefighters. After a thorough search of the building, Fire Capt. Charles Cerrutti determined it was the result of a system malfunction.
The stretch of Washington from Hawkes Street to School Street was closed for about 45 minutes while firefighters inspected the building.