Fire Extinguished on Colonial Court
Local firefighters knocked down a fire inside a Colonial Court apartment Tuesday night.
Members of the Marblehead Fire Department quickly extinguished a fire that broke out in the kitchen of a Colonial Court apartment Tuesday night.
Shortly before 7 p.m., local police and fire units responded to 8 Colonial Court for a report of a stove fire that had spread to the cabinets.
The apartment was the scene of a police investigation in December when the tenant, Christine Dunn, 28, was charged with larceny over $250 for allegedly stealing packages from one of her neighbors several days before Christmas.
Three of the department's fire engines were on scene and a nearby hydrant was tapped to pump water into a hose that was being fed into the apartment.