Local firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire that broke out in the rear of Sweeney's Retreat on Atlantic Avenue Saturday night.
At 11:01 p.m., fire and police units responded to Sweeney's after a smoke alarm began sounding in the building's basement.
Firefighters arriving on scene reportedly found that a small fire in the rear of the building, possibly started by a discarded cigarette, had already been almost entirely extinguished.
Fire Chief Jason Gilliland said the building was ventilated and firefighters did one last scan of the burned area to make sure the fire was completely out.
The initial call prompted firefighters to call for the support of a fire engine from the Lynn Fire Department - though the call for additional equipment was canceled soon after it was made.