'Elderly Gang' Reported on Farrell Court
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Monday, Sept. 10:
- At 8:09 a.m., a motorist in a 2010 Audi SE A4 was given a verbal warning for speeding near the intersection of West Shore Drive and Lafayette Street.
- At 9:04 a.m., state police reportedly called the Highway Department to report that a ladder and a refrigerator were found on Atlantic Avenue. When attempting to return the items, an employee at the dump told police they recently turned away someone who was trying to get rid of the items.
- At 10:51 a.m., a resident called police to report that fraudulent charges had been made on their credit cards at CVS on Atlantic Avenue.
- At 11:25 a.m., a motorist on Pleasant Street was given a verbal warning for having an expired inspection sticker.
- At 11:40 a.m., a resident called police to report that their phone was either lost or stolen on Vassar Road.
- At 12:37 p.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call on Pleasant Street.
- At 2:23 p.m., police responded to a driving complaint on Humphrey Street.
- At 3:03 p.m., an employee at Richdale's called police to report that a kid stole items from the store. Police reportedly tracked down the individual who stole the items.
- At 3:31 p.m., police received word that a motorist was driving erratically in a green 2004 Toyota Highlander near the intersection of Tedesco Street and Brookhouse Drive.
- At 4:32 p.m., Police Chief Robert Picariello received a call regarding a past accident at Abbot Hall. Apparently, a local resident witnessed a beer truck hit a pillar and cause damage.
- At 6:07 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Commercial Street.
- At 8:02 p.m., a Farrell Court resident entered the police station to report harassment. The resident reportedly told police that "there are elderly residents there that have formed a gang."
- At 9:25 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Harbor Avenue.
- At 9:28 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Washington Street.
- At 9:35 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a faulty smoke alarm on Ballast Lane.
- At 9:44 p.m., police responded to a report of a "confused female" on Chestnut Street.
Tuesday, Sept. 11:
- At 12:44 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Harbor Avenue.
- At 2:25 a.m., a resident on Green Street called police to report that they were woken up by loud arguing.
- At 7:36 a.m., police responded to a reported hit and run accident on Pleasant Street involving a 1997 Toyota Tercel and a 2002 Ford Ranger.
- At 7:44 a.m., police responded to a 911 hang-up from an elevator on Pleasant Street.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.