Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Marblehead
Here's a local guide on where you can celebrate St. Patrick's Day in town.
[Editor's Note: An event has been removed from the list because it is not actually open to the public.]
Looking to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this weekend in town? There a fair number of places and events to choose from; ironically, most of them are not even on Sunday, which is the official day of the holiday.
- Gerry 5 VFA: Start your celebrations with the March Meat Raffle and Trivia Night over at the Gerry 5 VFA Saturday (first drawing is at 3:45 p.m.). The trivia will have St. Patrick's and Easter themes and the meat may have a bit of blarney involved, says the club. All proceeds go to the Gerry 5 Scholarships Fund. The next day, it's time for the annual St. Patrick's Day Feast. "Celebrate the wearing of the green" from 2-6 p.m. -- corned beef, cabbage, music and fun. Tickets are $12 per person.
- The Landing Restaurant: The festivities start Saturday with Pat Runne getting his Irish on. The music starts at 8 p.m., and on St. Patrick's Day itself, the Merj plays live and corned beef and cabbage are on the menu all day long.
- Hungry Betty's Bar and Grille: The Pleasant Street eatery will be dishing up traditional Irish food Saturday and there will live music by Keith Muise and the Telestrators.
- Three Cod Tavern: It will be corned beef and cabbage all night long Saturday.
- For something a little different: Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish will have a guest Celtic harpist for the 4 p.m. Mass on Saturday, and following the service, the church will host a social in the Parish Center with Irish step dancers from Sheila Bremer’s School of Irish Dance. The step dancers return after Sunday's 9 a.m. service during the church coffee hour.
- Over at the Council on Aging, Bill Foley will provide live entertainment with guitar and harmonice following a special Shamrock-themed luncheon Thursday, March 14 at noon. Reservations are required. Call 781-631-6225.
If you know of any other St. Patrick's Day celebrations in town, please share the wealth in the comment section below.