Local Man Arrested for Drug Violation Near Park
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Monday, Feb. 20:
- At 7:59 a.m., an ambulance was sent to the Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA on Leggs Hill Road.
- At 8:50 a.m., a local resident called police to report finding an abandoned black and tan girls' Huffy beach bike on Wyman Road. A message was reportedly left with the Highway Department regarding the bike.
- At 2:55 p.m., a Curtis Street resident called police to report that his wife found their car doors slightly open and it looked like the glove box had been gone through.
- At 6:24 p.m., a Green Street resident entered the police station to report that her two cars were entered overnight and a GPS was now missing.
- At 8:11 p.m., police received word that a motor vehicle had struck a pole on Washington Street and kept going. The town's Municipal Light Department was called in to look at the pole which was determined to be stable, despite a large "chunk taken from the bottom."
Tuesday, Feb. 21:
- At 8:03 a.m., a resident on Harbor Avenue found a canvas bag with a wallet and ID inside. It was later returned to its owner.
- At 8:24 a.m., police received multiple reports of a helicopter hovering over a home that was being torn down on Bubier Road.
- At 1:46 p.m., Michael E. McSwiggin, 26, of 19 Creesy St., Marblehead, was arrested for committing a drug violation near a school or park, possessing a class D substance with intent to distribute (marijuana) and warrants out of Beverly for larceny and Salem for disorderly conduct.
- At 8:40 p.m., a Bessom Street pizza shop called police to report kids ordered pizzas and did not pick them up.
if you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.