Car Breaks Reported Overnight
The following information was provided by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Tuesday June 12:
- At 7:54 a.m., police responded to a report of a traffic light out at the intersection of Lafayette and Maple streets.
- At 8:10 a.m., police responded to a report of a truck blocking a hydrant on Pond Street.
- At 8:22 a.m., police responded to a report of "landscapers blocking the road" near the intersection of Harbor and Ocean avenues. A responding officer determined the blockage was just part of the Grown Ups 2 movie set.
- At 11:09 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ocean Avenue.
- At 11:50 a.m., a resident entered the police station with a credit card discovered in the parking lot of the Star of the Sea Community Center. The card was eventually returned to its owner.
- At 1:27 p.m., a resident called police to complain about the way Terry's Ice Cream's ice cream truck was parked on Pleasant Street. A responding officer determined it was parked legally.
- At 2:51 p.m., police responded to a complaint about a teen driving a Jeep Cherokee dangerously on Smith Street.
- At 4:53 p.m., a resident entered the police station with an ATM card found near the intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Barnard Street. The card was eventually returned to its owner.
- At 5:56 p.m., a local resident called police to report that he "has been in the hospital and will be for the next week" and wanted to have an officer check on his car on Farrell Court.
- At 6:15 p.m., a Rowland Street woman entered the police station to report that she had become the victim of credit card fraud.
- At 11:07 p.m., a Stramski Way resident called police to complain about a "loud group of kids" at the Stramski Playground.
Wednesday, June 13:
- At 3:46 a.m., a Sewall Street resident called police to report that "someone (was) in his roommate's car and his roommate (was) at work." The door to the car was reportedly left open. Nothing was reportedly stolen from the car.
- At 5:40 a.m., a Westminster Road resident called police to report that someone smashed the window to his 2003 Toyota Tacoma overnight and went through it.
If you have questions about this police log, please send them to Marblehead Patch.