Burning Sweater Extinguished on Brook Road
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Wednesday, Nov. 21:
- At 7:55 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Washington Street.
- At 8:05 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report losing her iPhone at Village Plaza.
- At 8:09 a.m., police responded to an accidental 911 call from a home on Harbor Avenue.
- At 8:12 a.m., a resident entered the police station to report a past hit-and-run accident on Atlantic Avenue involving a 2006 Toyota Highlander.
- At 9:13 a.m., police learned that a sewer gate was missing at the intersection of Leo and Elizabeth Road. The Water Department was reportedly notified.
- At 9:57 a.m., police received a no trespass order for 17 Nicholson St.
- At 12:10 p.m., police responded to a parking complaint on State Street.
- At 12:32 p.m., police assisted with the picking up of belongings from a home on Humphrey Street.
- At 3:49 p.m., police conducted a well-being check on Washington Street.
- At 4:57 p.m., a motor vehicle was pulled over at the intersection of Pleasant and Devereux streets. Danielle Doucette, 24, of 5 Sherry St., Salem, was arrested for having an outstanding warrant.
- At 6:30 p.m., police responded to a burglar alarm on Ocean Avenue.
- At 8:15 p.m., police received word that a motor vehicle was traveling down Lafayette Street without taillights.
- At 9:44 p.m., police and fire units responded to a report of a sweater on fire in the middle of the street near the intersection of Clifton Avenue and Brook Road. The shirt was later extinguished.
Thursday, Nov. 22:
- At 12:44 a.m., police responded to a report of a boat with its motor running on Cradleskid Lane.
- At 12:55 a.m., police responded to a report of kids toilet papering a house on Buchanan Road. Officers determined it was just Marblehead High School cheerleaders decorating seniors' houses.
- At 8:00 a.m., a Goldthwait Road resident called police to report that their house and car were egged overnight. The resident said there "have been several kids smoking dope in the area who she has asked to leave and go smoke elsewhere."
- At 9:32 a.m., police responded to a dispute between a landlord and tenant on Hillside Avenue.
- At 10:44 a.m., a resident called police to report that his car was struck while parked in the parking lot of Crosby's Market on Washington Street.
- At 11:04 a.m., police conducted a well-being check on Lafayette Street.
- At 11:27 a.m., a store owner on Smith Street called police to report that someone tried to steal money from the store's Cancer Support Donation jar.
- At 10:10 p.m., police responded to a report of loud music on Nicholson Street.
Friday, Nov. 23:
- At 12:41 a.m., police responded to a medical emergency on Hathaway Road.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.