Au Pair Ordered From House by Parent Fearing for Children
The following information was submitted by the Marblehead Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Marblehead Police Department's log:
Saturday, Jan. 19:
- At 5:29 a.m., police served an emergency restraining order.
- At 10:22 a.m., a caller reported a road rage incident. It happened in Salem. A man in a truck honked at the caller while she was stopped at a traffic light then pulled next to her and honked before passing her, the caller said. She followed the truck to Vinnin Square and called state police.
- At 2:57 p.m., a walk-in turned in a purse found at Castle Rock.
- At 11:04 p.m., police received a call from a woman at Barnard Hawkes Court who said her boyfriend and his uncle were fighting. Police arrested Devon Dunham, 34, of 17 Barnard Hawkes Court, charging him with domestic assault and battery and assault and battery on a person over 60 or handicapped, with injury.
Sunday, Jan. 20
- At 6:59 a.m., police and fire crews responded to a possible stroke victim on West Shore Drive. The patient was transported to the hospital.
- At 10:28 a.m., police and fire responded to a report of a man possibly having a heart attack on Washington Street. The patient was transported to the hospital.
- At 12:42 p.m., police received a report that kids were on a gazebo roof on Front Street. It was windy and the caller feared they might fall off. Police advised the youth to stop playing on the gazebo roof.
- At 1:38 p.m., a resident called to say she does not want her au pair in the house and she fears for her children's safety. Police advised the Lime Street caller to let the police know when the au pair shows up so the police can also be there while the au pair picks up her belongings. Police were present as the au pair arrived to pick up her belongings. Police subsequently gave her a verbal no trespass order as did the homeowner.
Monday, Jan. 21
- At 9:33 a.m., a walk-in turned in a wallet found at an ATM on Pleasant Street.
- At 5:03 p.m., A Central Street caller reported that his car was struck the day before and he thinks he knows which car hit his vehicle. Police found no damage on the suspected vehicle.
- At 8:14 p.m., police arrested Kevin Meagher, 47, of 2 Pearl St., Saugus, charging him with being intoxicated while carrying a licensed firearm, OUI, speeding, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and marked lane violations.
- At 10:22 p.m., a car was repossessed on Thompson Road.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- At 8:49 a.m., police arrested William MacNeill, of 2 Cherry Court, Swampscott, on two warrants.
- At 9:46 a.m., police received a report that a motorist had hit a tree on Pleasant Street.
- At 12:46 p.m., a caller reported a lost or stolen brown wallet. It was a single-fold wallet with dog bites on it and $200 in it.
- At 6:07 p.m., a motor vehicle crash was reported at Atlantic Avenue and Clifton Avenue.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
- At 9:20 a.m., a Lafayette Street caller reported seeing a person wearing a ski mask jump over a fence. Police checked the area and did not see a person matching that description.
- At 2:30 p.m., a Susan Road caller wanted to know if a restraining order had been served to her ex-boyfriend who was living in Rockport. Police called Rockport police and confirmed that the restraining order had been served.
If you have a question about this police log, please send it to Marblehead Patch.