Step away from the garbage can with that leftover turkey. Don't follow the light.
Have you any idea as to how scrumptious a meal you can make? Well, follow these simple steps and you'll be in heaven and it only takes 30 minutes.
Okay, so those die hard Italian cuisine lovers have got to give this a shot. I'm not talking about the average; boring after Thanksgiving or Christmas Turkey Sandwich here kids; I'm talking bolognese...I mean wicked amazing bolognese.
So, here's what you need:
- Olive Oil
- finely chopped onion
- minced garlic
- peeled parsnips (yes, you can use carrots; I just personally hate cooked carrots so I will do parsnips or turnips instead)
- a stalk of finely chopped celery
- shredded cooked turkey
- marinara sauce
- finely chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
How You'll Do It:
- In a saucepan combine your olive oil; garlic and onion and saute until the ingredients have a translucent coloration.
- In a separate pot add your water and bring to a boil to cook your pasta.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to your saucepan and let them simmer on low heat for 20 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, spoon the sauce mixture over the pasta and sprinkle with your parmesan cheese and savor the Oh My Goodness food coma that will inevitably follow. :)
And now for my Restaurant Review we have our very own Marblehead staple, The Landing Restaurant.
You have to treat yourself now and then and this is the perfect place to do it.
start off with a Pumpkin Martini...mmm, so good; then get a gorgeous jumbo shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. I went with the perfectly cooked NY Sirloin, grilled broccolini and mashed potatoes for an entree and I'm not even kidding when I tell you it melts in your mouth. The perfect ending is a glass of port with the White Chocolate Swan dessert. The raspberry sauce that accompanies the dessert is just pure delight.
To wrap it up, think twice before you toss out those leftovers and head out to support your local restaurants. You work hard, you live once, you must enjoy the ride.