5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 2
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, July 2, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Though there may be a few passing showers, it should be another nice summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers this morning. Otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 62. (sunrise, 5:10 a.m.; high tide, 10:26 a.m.; low tide, 4:22 p.m.; sunset, 8:24 p.m.)
2. Terry's Ice Cream Shop owner Carlos Rocha will have a bit-part in Grown Ups 2, selling ice cream from his ice cream truck to Chris Rock, Adam Sandler and Kevin James. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Harbors & Waters Board will meet tonight at the Harbormaster's office on Ferry Lane. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature an update on the ongoing pier project at Stramski Beach, according to the posted agenda.
4. In case you missed the news Friday afternoon - a New Jersey company has signed an agreement with Dominion to take control of the Salem Harbor Power Station, remediate the site and build a natural gas plant. Click Here for our full story.
5. Today in History: On July 2, 1937, Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan were last heard from over the Pacific Ocean while attempting the first equatorial round-the-world flight.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.