5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 5
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Sept. 5, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will be a wet one today. The National Weather Service is predticting that local residents can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm. The daily high will be near 77. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. (sunrise, 6:13 a.m.; low tide, 8:51 a.m.; high tide, 3:07 p.m.; sunset, 7:10 p.m.)
2. The Marblehead Fire and Police Departments will join departments across the country in conducting a remembrance ceremony on September 11, 2012, at 10 a.m. sharp at Memorial Park. Click Here for full details.
3. Richard DeLong of Gloucester won first place in the boat division with a fish of 35.3 pounds and 45.5 inches in this past weekend’s Leo Almeida Memorial Fishing Tournament. Click Here for our full story.
4. The Marblehead Cultural Council will meet tonight at the Marblehead Community Center on Humphrey Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the group's plan for the fall funding cycle, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 5, 1774, the First Continental Congress assembled in Philadelphia, Penn.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.