5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 4
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 4, and here are the five things you need to know today:
1. Be prepared for some wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect a chance of showers before 11 a.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 74. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 66. (sunrise, 6:12 a.m.; low tide, 8:10 a.m.; high tide, 2:25 p.m.; sunset, 7:11 p.m.)
2. The local librarian who sustained a severe head injury when he fell from a Swampscott porch last week has been upgraded to fair condition at Mass General Hospital in Boston, a spokeswoman said Monday. Click Here to read the full story.
3. Are you a fan of our Tuesday "House Hunt" real estate column? This week we offer a closer look at the porches at ten of the most expensive homes currently up for sale in Marblehead. Click Here to check out some truly beautiful local porches.
4. Tropical Storm Leslie, which is gaining strength in the Atlantic and will likely become a Hurricane later this week is expected to produce high winds and large swells in Marblehead. Click Here for everything you need to know about this week's local surf conditions.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 4, 1812, during the War of 1812, The Siege of Fort Harrison began when the fort was set on fire.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.