5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 28
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Sept. 28, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You'll want to be prepared for some wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect rain, mainly after noon, and a high near 60. Tonight will bring thunderstorms, and a low around 52. (sunrise, 6:36 a.m.; high tide, 9:45 a.m.; low tide, 3:44 p.m.; sunset, 6:31 p.m.)
2. Looking for something fun to do in Marblehead tonight? Peter Mulvey will be performing at Me and Thee Coffee House at 8 p.m. Tickets to the show are $20 in advance, $23 at the door. Click Here for more information.
3. Marblehead High School's varsity football team will look to remain undefeated as they take on Minnechaug tonight at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
4. During a Live Chat on Marblehead Patch Thursday, Gov. Deval Patrick said he would "probably vote against" the legalization of medicinal marijuana in Massachusetts. Click Here to read the whole story.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 28, 1787, Congress voted to send the United States Constitution to the state legislatures for approval.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.