5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 26
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Sept. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect a chance of showers, mainly after 10 a.m. Otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 71. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 58. (sunrise, 6:35 a.m.; high tide, 8:50 a.m.; low tide, 2:47 p.m.; sunset, 6:32 p.m.)
2. The developers planning Warwick Place, Marblehead's new 38,000-square-foot office and retail building on Pleasant Street, were granted permission for an outdoor seating area for 32 by the Zoning Board of Appeals Wednesday night. Click Here for our full story.
3. You tell us - which North Shore community do you think has the worst road rage? Is there a town in the region where driving is particularly difficult? Do you think a certain North Shore community is predisposed to rage behind the wheel? Click Here to share your opinion.
4. Marblehead For Teens, a local nonprofit aiming to open a teen-managed teen center in downtown Marblehead was granted a special permit by Zoning Board members Wednesday night, clearing the way for their new home at 247 Pleasant St. Click Here to read our full story.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 26, 1786, protestors shut down the court in Springfield, Mass., in a military standoff that began Shays' Rebellion.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.