5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 21
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Sept. 21, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 65. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 54. (sunrise, 6:30 a.m.; low tide, 9:36 a.m.; high tide, 3:53 p.m.; sunset, 6:41 p.m.)
2. Stark differences came out early and often between U.S. Senate candidates Elizabeth Warren and Scott Brown in their first debate, with disagreements on everything from tax policy, to job creation and women's rights. Click Here for our full story.
3. The Fort Sewall Committee will meet this morning in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion about a new sign that will be hung at Fort Sewall, accoding to the posted agenda.
4. Marblehead High School's boys' varsity football team will take on Winthrop tonight at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on! Marblehead Patch will be posting video highlights from the game.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 21, 2001, America: A Tribute to Heroes was broadcast by over 35 network and cable channels, raising more than $200 million for September 11 attack victims.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.