5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 17
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Monday, Sept. 17, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It will feel a lot cooler out there than it has been. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 67. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 59. (sunrise, 6:25 a.m.; high tide, 12:35 p.m.; low tide, 6:47 p.m.; sunset, 6:49 p.m.)
2. The Design Review Committee will meet this morning in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m., and is expected to feature a discussion regarding a new building on Atlantic Avenue, according to the posted agenda.
3. McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. will soon get a new menu addition: The number of calories in the chain's burgers and fries, according to the Huffington Post. Have you joined in our discussion yet? Click Here to voice your opinion.
4. The owner of Terry's Olde Fashion Ice Cream Shop was awarded a common victualler's license at Wednesday night's meeting of the Board of Selectmen and was also granted permission to open early to serve coffee, bagels and donuts. Click Here for our full story.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 17, 1630, the city of Boston was founded.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.