5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 12
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Sept. 12, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another nice late-summer day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 70. Tonight should be clear, with a low around 60. (sunrise, 6:20 a.m.; high tide, 8:53 a.m.; low tide, 2:49 p.m.; sunset, 6:57 p.m.)
2. More than 100 local residents, town officials and emergency responders attended a September 11th remembrance ceremony at Memorial Park Tuesday morning. Click Here to view photographs from the annual event.
3. The Board of Selectmen will gather tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room at Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about the appointment of a liquor license at Yannalfo's Ristorante, according to the posted agenda.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity field hockey team will take on Saugus this afternoon at Stackpole Field in Saugus. The game is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on.
5. Today in History: On Sept. 12, 1857, the SS Central America sank 160 miles east of Cape Hatteras, N.C., while carrying between 13 and 15 tons of gold from the San Francisco Gold Rush.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.