5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 26
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Oct. 26, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another beautiful autumn day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 62. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 49. (sunrise, 7:10 a.m.; high tide, 9:23 a.m.; low tide, 3:28 p.m.; sunset, 5:43 p.m.)
2. Though they initially planned on making their final decision at their meeting at Abbot Hall Wednesday night, the Board of Selectmen reconsidered a recently- crafted draft of carry-in alcohol license regulations and decided to revisit them at their next meeting in November. Click Here for our full story.
3. Are you sick of this election season? Are you looking forward to an end to all the advertisements and poll numbers? The Friends of the Marblehead Council on Aging are hosting a TGIO party on Nov. 8 - which of course, stands for "Thank Goodness It's Over." Click Here for all the details.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity football team will look to remain unbeaten tonight as they take on the Salem Witches under the lights at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Oct. 26, 1776, Benjamin Franklin departed from America for France on a mission to seek French support for the American Revolution.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.