5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 23
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 23, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a beautiful day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 62. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. (sunrise, 7:06 a.m.; low tide, 12:25 p.m.; high tide, 6:49 p.m.; sunset, 5:48 p.m.)
2. President Barack Obama and former Gov. Mitt Romney met for a final debate Monday night, spending 90 minutes focused on foreign policy. Who do you think won the debate? Did one candidate put forward a better vision of America's role in the world, or did you find the exchange less than useful? Click Here to let us know.
3. The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding the transformation of the former Moran Studios space on Atlantic Avenue into a restaurant by the co-owner of Comella's Restaurant.
4. The Marblehead Board of Selectmen are expected to review and vote on recently-crafted BYOB regulations at their meeting tomorrow night at Abbot Hall. The decision may pave the way for customers to bring alcoholic beverages to Casa Corona. Click Here for the full story.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 23, 1929, the first North American transcontinental air service began between New York City and Los Angeles.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.