5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 19
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Oct. 19, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You should be prepared for a wet day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers, mainly after 11 a.m. and a high near 64. Tonight should bring showers and possibly a thunderstorm and a low around 58. (sunrise, 7:01 a.m.; low tide, 8:23 a.m.; high tide, 2:39 p.m.; sunset, 5:54 p.m.)
2. In community journalism, there are 'feel good stories' and then there are 'feel really good stories.' The pigtail movement that has unfolded at Marblehead High School over the last few days is definitely one of the latter. Click Here for all the details.
3. Hungry Betty's Bar & Grille is back at Village Plaza. Click Here for a closer look inside the restaurant's kitchen, where a local chef is hoping gourmet food that won't cost an arm and a leg will translate to big business.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity football team will look to remain undefeated tonight when they take on Newburyport at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On Oct. 19, 1973, President Richard Nixon rejected an Appeals Court decision that he turn over the Watergate tapes.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.