5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 12
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Oct. 12, and here are the five things you need to know today:
1. It should be another nice day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers, mainly before 1 p.m. and a daily high near 56. Tonight should be clear, with a low around 33. (sunrise, 6:53 a.m.; high tide, 9:01 a.m.; low tide, 3:07 p.m.; sunset, 6:05 p.m.)
2. At a public hearing Thursday night that drew an overflow crowd to the lower-level conference room of the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road, Conservation Commission members approved an emergency order granting the Recreation and Parks Commission permission to move forward with the annual task of pulling docks and floats from Marblehead Harbor. Click Here for our full story.
3. Marblehead High School's varsity football team will look to remain undefeated as they take on Malden Catholic tonight at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on!
4. Looking for something to do tonight? The Drowsy Chaperone will be showing tonight at the Marblehead Little Theatre on School Street. The show is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $23. Click Here for more information.
5. Today in History: On Oct. 12, 2000, The USS Cole was badly damaged in Aden, Yemen by two suicide bombers. 17 crew members were killed.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.