5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 6
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, Nov. 6, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 41. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 35. (sunrise, 6:24 a.m.; low tide, 9:54 a.m.; high tide, 4:07 p.m.; sunset, 4:29 p.m.)
2. Wondering where you should go to cast your vote today? Marblehead Patch has got you covered. Click Here for everything you need to know about local polling locations.
3. A pedestrian crossing Pleasant Street in front of the Marblehead Starbucks Monday afternoon was reportedly struck by a vehicle and taken to the hospital by ambulance. Click Here for our full story, and stick with Marblehead Patch for more information as it is released today.
4. Marblehead High School's boys' soccer team hadn’t allowed a goal in 120 minutes of playoff action but Wilmington put an end to that streak in the second half of Sunday’s North Division 2 playoff tilt. Click Here for our full story.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 6, 1944, Plutonium was first produced at the Hanford Atomic Facility and then used in the Fat man atomic bomb that would be dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.
For more things goin on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.