5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 29
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 29, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another brisk day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, with a high near 43. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. (sunrise, 6:51 a.m.; high tide, 11:20 a.m.; sunset, 4:11 p.m.; low tide, 5:38 p.m.)
2. The owners of Casa Corona on Smith Street are hoping that the Board of Selectmen will be able to give the green light to their recently-filed BYOB application - meaning you may be able to bring your own beverages to the restaurant as soon as early next month.
3. The New Hampshire couple wanted in connection with a horrific child abuse case has been captured. The pair were reportedly seen around the North Shore over the last few days. Click Here for the details.
4. The Marblehead Board of Health will meet tonight at the Mary Alley Municipal Building on Widger Road. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature an update regarding the Transfer Station, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 29, 1877, Thomas Edison demonstrated his new invention, the phonograph, for the first time.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.