5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 21
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Nov. 21, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another pleasant fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be cloudy, with a high near 49. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. (sunrise, 6:42 a.m.; low tide, 11:04 a.m.; sunset, 4:16 p.m.; high tide, 5:25 p.m.)
2. The original Warwick Theater marquee won't be attached to the front of the new Warwick Place building. Groom Construction Co. project manager David Groom said the marquee is "pretty rotted" and is currently in storage. What do you think should become of it? Click Here to let us know.
3. Led by coach Brian Grable of Swampscott, Team JCC of the North Shore conquered the epic Spartan Obstacle Race at Fenway Park this past weekend, running with 60-pound sand bags through the bleachers, climbing ropes and cargo nets, scaling walls and even enduring a Spartan gauntlet at the finish line! Click Here for our full story.
4. Still glowing from Marblehead's big Powderpuff flag football victory over Swampscott last week? Click Here to check out a great video of Marblehead's senior girls celebrating in a circle at Piper Field.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 20, 1877, Thomas Edison announced the invention of the phonograph, a machine that could record and play sound.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.