5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 16
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Friday, Nov. 16, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another brisk fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be partly sunny, with a high near 46. Tonight should be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 35. (sunrise, 6:36 a.m.; low tide, 6:11 a.m.; high tide, 12:27 p.m., sunset, 4:19 p.m.)
2. Marblehead High School's annual Powder Puff football game will take place tonight at Piper Field. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., so consider stopping by to cheer them on! Click Here to view photos from last year's matches.
3. At their meeting Wednesday night, the Board of Selectmen learned that the Historical Commission recently acquired $9,500 to restore the Abbot Hall weather vane, which was taken down to be refurbished earlier this year. Click Here for our full story.
4. Our readers are our site’s biggest assets and when we were thinking about what photo to use for the top of our Marblehead Patch Facebook page, we figured we’d leave it up to you. We are inviting you to share your favorite photo of your hometown. Click Here to submit your photograph.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 16, 1973, Richard Nixon signed the Trans-Alaska Pipeline Authorization Act, which authorized the construction of the Alaska Pipeline.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.