5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 15
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 15, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a brisk fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Tonight should be partly cloudy, with a low around 36. (sunrise, 6:35 a.m.; high tide, 11:34 a.m.; sunset, 4:20 p.m.; low tide, 5:58 p.m.)
2. At their meeting at Abbot Hall Wednesday night, the Board of Selectmen unanimously approved the implementation of local regulations pertaining to carry-in alcoholic beverage licenses for Marblehead restaurants. Click Here for our full story.
3. Don't be surprised if you end up running into some talented singers at Terry's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Shop. Terry's owner Carlos Rocha appeared before the Board of Selectmen Wednesday night and was unanimously awarded an entertainment license so he could host karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights. Click Here for all the details.
4. The Marblehead School Committee will meet tonight at Marblehead High School. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., will take place in the school's library. Click Here for a look at the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 15, 1777, after 16 months of debate, the Continental Congress approved the Articles of Confederation.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.