5 Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 14
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Wednesday, Nov. 14, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be a pleasant fall day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 47. Tonight should be mostly clear, with a low around 34. (sunrise, 6:34 a.m.; high tide, 10:42 a.m.; low tide, 5:06 p.m.; sunset, 4:21 p.m.)
2. Today's high tide will be one of the highest tides of the year. Since it will not occur during a storm, it will not be a big deal in Marblehead. But hopefully it is interesting, and possibly useful, to know about it. If you get out to take any photographs, send them to Marblehead Patch.
3. The Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the Selectmen's Meeting Room of Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion regarding BYOB in Marblehead, according to the posted agenda.
4. Gearing up for the annual Powderpuff Football Game between Marblehead High School's senior girls and their nemeses from Swampscott? Click Here for a look back at past matches and for a preview of Friday's showdown.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 14, 1969, NASA launched Apollo 12, the second crewed mission to the surface of the moon.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.