5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 27
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, March 27, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. It should be another chilly spring day in Marblehead. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect it to be sunny, with a high near 41. Tonight should be increasingly cloudy, with a low around 27. (sunrise, 6:33 a.m.; low tide, 9:03 a.m.; high tide, 3:18 p.m.; sunset, 7:04 p.m.)
2. The Recreation and Parks Commission will meet tonight at the Marblehead Community Center on Humphrey Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about a planned project at a town-owned house on Stramski Way.
3. Are you a fan of our Tuesday morning real estate stories? Today we offer a closer look at 10 Local Dream Homes recently put up for sale in Marblehead.
4. The town's Historical Commission will meet this morning in Abbot Hall. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m., is expected to feature a discussion about an upcoming renovation project in the Maritime Room at Abbot Hall, according to the posted agenda.
5. Today in History: On March 27, 1794, The United States Government established a permanent navy and authorized the building of six frigates.
For more things going on in Marblehead, check out our events calendar.