5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 1
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Thursday, March 1, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. You can expect the snow to keep falling all day today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect snow and patchy fog before 9 a.m. and today's high temperature should be around 34. New snow accumulation today could range from 3 to 5 inches. The snow should continue into tonight. The low temperature should be around 24. (sunrise, 6:18 a.m.; low tide, 11:06 a.m.; high tide, 5:22 p.m.; sunset, 5:33 p.m.)
2. The 2012 Town Meeting Warrant is currently available on the town's website. Appearing on this year's warrant is an item calling for fines for local motorists found using a cell phone while driving. So, before the issue comes to a vote in May, we want to know - how would you vote?
3. Marblehead High School's boys' varsity hockey team will take on Shawsheen in the first round of the Division III state tournament tonight. The game is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Stoneham Arena on Montvale Avenue in Stoneham.
4. The Recreation and Parks Commission will meet tonight in the conference room of the Marblehead Community Center on Humphrey Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature a discussion about baseball scheduling.
5. Today in History: On March 1, 1872, Yellowstone National Park was established as the world's first national park.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.