5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 5
Here are the five things you need to know before you start your day in Marblehead.
Today is Tuesday, June 5, and here are the five things you need to know:
1. Be prepared for some more wet weather today. The National Weather Service is predicting that local residents can expect showers, with a high near 58. Tonight should be cloudy, with a low around 49. (sunrise, 5:06 a.m.; high tide, 12:33 p.m.; low tide, 6:29 p.m.; sunset, 8:17 p.m.)
2. The Stramski Pier Project at Stramski's Beach, which was suspended while an appeal filed by an abutting neighbor was considered, is expected to kick back into gear this month. Click Here for all the details.
3. The Recreation and Parks Commission will meet tonight at the Marblehead Community Center on Humphrey Street. The meeting, scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., is expected to feature an appearance from Town Administrator Jeff Chelgren, according to the posted agenda.
4. Marblehead High School's varsity baseball team will hit the road to take on North Andover in the playoffs this afternoon. The game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., so consider heading to North Andover High School to cheer them on!
5. Today in History: On June 5, 1942, the United States declared war on Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania.
For more things going on in Marblehead today, check out our events calendar.